She thought I could not possibly understand what she was going though.
How wrong could she be!
Many years ago, when I (Gillian McKeith) moved away from home to go to University, I survived on a very stodgy diet of saturated meat and potatoes, drank dozens of cups of caffeinated tea until buzzing point and snacked on packets of crisps (chips). I then moved to Spain for a year and lived on a regimen of chocolate éclairs and Spanish pastries with a few sangrias to wash them down, as well as processed white rice and pork chops. I was overweight and totally depleted of nutrients. Needless to say, I had no energy, my skin was a right mess and I felt quite sick. I dragged myself kicking and screaming to change my ways. It was not easy and took a while: But the transformation in my health was worth the effort.
The participations on my You Are What You Eat (UK) TV Show were forced to make their changes in only eight weeks! I want you to take the time you need to make these changes, but the good news is that (with a good eating plan) you will start to feel the benefits immediately.
Once you have reached your health goal, I often tell my patients “if you follow the 80/20 rule, you will be fine”. Do what I suggest 80% of the time and that leaves a 20% window of food naughtiness. But you might just find that your body does not want to be food naughty. It likes the new you and does not want to spoil the exhilarating feeling. If you do indeed cheat or you fall in the 20% naughty activity, don’t beat yourself up. Accept it, then get back on track.
So challenge yourself and open your mind to the new possibilities. I bet you have no idea how well you can really feel, how much energy you can attain, how sharp your mind could really be, how much happiness you can exude, until you get your eyes tested, you have no idea how well you can see.
If you don’t challenge yourself with your health and offer your body good food, you have no idea just how great you can feel.
If you eat dead, lifeless food, your body will be lifeless. If you eat vital, vibrant foods with lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you will be full of life force and vitality too. It’s the way it works. It’s that simple.