Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups fresh grated pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ginger
- Soak cashews in water for at least 1 hour, then drain.
- In a food processor, blend the almonds and dates until finely chopped. Add a tablespoon of water if that helps to get things moving. Press the mixture into the bottom of a spring-form pan.
- Wash-out the food processor and blend all other ingredients until combined and creamy.
- Pour mixture into spring-form pan and smooth out the surface. Cover with aluminum foil, and let it set in the freezer for at least 4 hours. This will harden the coconut oil and set the cheesecake. After this time, transfer the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. When opening the spring-form pan, gently insert a knife along the edge of the cheesecake, so that it does not stick to the edge of the pan.
For more information, recipes and to follow Vegangela go to
Tags: agave, almond, blender / food processor, cashew, cheesecake, coconut oil, date, freezer-friendly, gluten-free, low-carb, make-ahead, no-cook, original recipe, raw, Vegan MoFo